Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Count of Monte Cristo

Have you guys ever read the book The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexander Dumas? If you haven't, I highly recommend it. I read it when I was in 10th grade, I think. I absolutely loved it. It's about a guy named Edmond Dantes who was poor but was slowly building his way up. His bestfriend was jealous of his fiancee and his growing success that he betrays him and frames him for a crime. Dantes is sent to jail for life for the crime. While Dantes is in jail, he meets an elderly man named Abbe Faria, who teaches him lots of things. Dantes becomes very smart and educated. He also tells Dantes about a secret treasure and he tells him how to find it. Abbe Faria dies there and that is how Dantes escapes. He puts himself in Abbe Faria's body bag and is thrown into the sea. After 14 years, Dantes is finally free. He goes and finds the treasure and that's when he starts to get his revenge. He wasn't evil though. He just wanted justice and he got it. I won't tell you anymore about it because I will ruin the entire book for you. There's also a movie based on the book. There's some things that have been changed but it's still one of my favorite movies. So if you don't like reading, just watch the movie. They're both great! :)

2 comments:

  1. I read that book too! It was...okay a little confusing though. But I'm so glad you liked it lololol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone keeps telling me to read it, must be good! I might have to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete